The Friends of Buker is in the process of raising funds for a new Buker playground!
Our current playground is more than 17 years old, and while it entertains our younger students, it does not offer play opportunities that our older students find fun and challenging. We are planning to install new play structures that can be used and enjoyed by students of all grade levels. Additionally, because the fields at Buker also serve as playing fields for the community’s recreational sports programs, a new playground will benefit many of the children in the Hamilton-Wenham community who play on the playground during practices and games. Plans also include the installation of a brick patio and landscaped sitting area that will be located adjacent to the new playground. It is our hope that this space will provide our students an opportunity to gather and socialize, as well as function as an outdoor classroom during the warmer months. Finally, we would like to dedicate the new playground in memory of our schoolmate and friend Jennifer Maio whom we lost in October of 2015.
We have been working for more than a year to raise the money necessary to pay for this project. Funding has relied heavily upon donations from members of our Buker community, our local businesses, our school district, and the towns of Hamilton and Wenham. We could not have accomplished all that we have in this short amount of time without your help. We sincerely thank all of our donors for your extraordinary and continued generosity.
But our work is not done! Fundraising continues!
How can you help?
- You can make a general donation. You can send a check in with your child or drop in the mail to the Friends of Buker, 1 School Street, Wenham, MA 01984.
- You can sponsor a student for our second annual Read-a-Thon to be held Thursday, December 21st.
- Does your employer have a matching gift program? Your donation may be eligible for a matching contribution that could double your donation to the Friends of Buker.
- You can buy a brick in our Brick Patio Campaign. If you prefer not to make an online purchase, please click here for the order form. You can send a check in with your child or drop in the mail to the Friends of Buker, 1 School Street, Wenham, MA 01984
- We are also looking for volunteers! Please use the tab below to email us if you would like to be involved with this exciting project.